Pages

Wednesday 12 July 2017

Bonus Activity

Task: You and your tour group have enjoyed your day in the mountains but you’re ready for a change of scenery. You ask Curious Kiwi to take you to Central Otago, a region of the south island with lots of rolling hills and flat, brown grasslands. While in Central Otago, you decide to join the Otago Central Rail Trail – a 150 km long cycle trail. Curious Kiwi and I (Rachel) cycled the Rail Trail in April and we loved it!
Image result for otago central rail trail I think that the Otago Central Rail Trail sounds like fun but I don't think I would be able to complete it.
I think that if I did have the chance I would take it but I wouldn't do the whole thing. I think the reason that would stop me is because I wouldn't be fit enough to do the whole trail. The upside is that I'll definitely be able to do some of it!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cameo,

    That sounds very wise. The trail is quite long, however, it is mostly flat because it used to be a railway line so it isn't too bad. The worst hill is near the beginning of the trail. It's called 'Tiger Hill' and it's a little bit steep but once you reach the top it's smooth sailing (downhill) from there!

    I really hope that you get the chance to check it out one day. The scenery, alone, is well worth the trip!

    Cheers,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete