Pages

Thursday 13 July 2017

Native Aotearoa pt.1

Task:  Let’s imagine that you were on the first Waka to arrive at Shag Point. You had never been to New Zealand before and you had no idea what to expect. Write a poem describing how you would have felt when you arrived in New Zealand. Would you have been excited or scared? I would have felt pretty nervous, I reckon…
Image result for waka Anxious to see what lies beyond me,
I have come far across the sea,
My journey was long and exciting.
Although I had nerves biting,
Anxiety had me feel like hiding,
For the nights were extremely tiring.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cameo,

    You have really captured the feelings that you would be experiencing well in this poem. It would be quite nerve wracking to move to a brand new place, wouldn't it? I know that I was a little bit nervous when I first moved to New Zealand. I had never lived here before and I wasn't entirely sure what to expect. Fortunately, everyone made me feel so welcome that I quickly felt comfortable and it now feels like home!

    Have you ever had a really nerve wracking experience? If so, I'd love to hear about it. What happened? What did you do to work through the nerves that you were feeling?

    Bye for now,

    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete